North Alabama Animal Hospital is now proud to offer Veterinary Telemedicine Consults with one of our veterinarians from the comfort of your own home. The most common types of pet issues that we feel telemedicine can be of benefit are as follows:
- Basic triage (deciding whether the pet should be seen by the veterinarian)
- Postoperative follow-up
- Dermatologic concerns
- Behavioral issues/training
- Transportation issues
- Hospice care
- Environmental concerns/hazards that might contribute to a particular condition
- Long-term care monitoring
- This is not a substitution for an in person veterinary exam as the doctors will do their absolute best to triage, advise you, follow up with a plan of care as possible. If we determine it is best for your pet to be seen in the hospital, the cost of the telemedicine consultation will be put towards your pet’s normal in hospital visit.
- Telemedicine Consult Fee is $65. You will be emailed an invoice at the end of the video session and be able to pay at home.
- Telemedicine consults will be conducted using Zoom video chat. Clients must have internet access and either a desktop or mobile phone to conduct the video chat.
- Once you book the video consult, you will be emailed instructions for how to join the video consult.